Unknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Territory War

Go down 
+5
Zaelmith
Urchin
Gallanntoh/IAssassinII
darky
Pup
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pup

Pup

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am

EDIT: We may consider moving this post to Territory Wars section, just FYI.

Hey guys, congrats on our first TW! I couldn't make it unfortunately, but I was there a bit before we started. I'd like to pitch this idea to our wonderful leader, awesome officers, and loyal members, such that maybe next TW will be more fun and smooth sailing for us all. Cuz let's face it, this first TW's organization and planning was atrocious...

Squad issue: Organization
Comments: We had the right idea, a barb, cleric, and others in each squad. Squad leaders and their members were identified by Title in faction chat, which was a good idea.
Possible solution: Here is a template for future TW sign up, broken up into squads, with each squad being lead by an Unknowns officer (after all, what else are the positions for besides invitation to fac? lol). Please look over this template, then read on...

Squad 1 Leader: (Insert faction officer name)
Member 1: <Barbarian>
Member 2: <Cleric>
Member 3: <Venomancer>
Member 4: <Any class>
Member 5: <Any class>

Squad 2 Leader: (Insert fac officer name)
And repeat layout from squad 1, with other faction members

This TW sign-up sheet should be posted on forums the day we find out we have a TW, to maximize the amount of people that have a chance to sign up.
Now, this type of TW sign up could get very confusing if we let each member of the faction reply to the thread with their name edited into the list. It could be a mess if multiple people sign up at the same time, and accidently cause others to have their names missing from the list.
To make this process run smoother, BladeRape should appoint one of his officers or well trusted members of the faction to a Battle Coordinator or War General position (or any other corny name you can think of for this position XD) who will be in charge of placing members who sign up into the list of TW sign-ups.
This Battle Coordinator would be responsible for putting squads together that can work well together as well as help each other out in advancing successfully in TW should any confusion arise.

When signing up for TW, reply to the TW sign-up post stating your:
In-game name
Class
Level

And you will be promptly placed in an appropriate squad based on this information.

Now, the squad leader, whom I’ve designated as a faction officer, shall assemble the squad at the time before TW designated by BladeRape. No other member of this squad shall be squad leader, and all members of the squad shall take orders from the squad leader to reduce the confusion during TW. All communications between members of the same squad shall occur in SQUAD CHAT ONLY.
During the actual TW, no one is to talk in faction chat unless communication is required between squads. In the instance that there is communication needed between squads, the squad leaders (faction officers) may communicate to one another in faction chat. This will reduce the chance of faction spam where important issues during TW could be missed, such as help needed on a catapult path.
During TW, there is to be no common chat (the white text everyone in the area can see). This condition has multiple reasons for its necessity:
To maintain respect for our faction and members, no show boating when killing an opposing-faction’s members.
To maintain a clear chat window for communication from squad leaders.
To secure our TW fighting maneuvers from the opposing faction.

Meeting issue: Time and place?
Comments: Before TW, faction chat was spammed with "omg where are u guyz?" / "where r we meeting?" / "i need a squad!" This is confusion we don't need before a TW, we're all stressed already, so this problem needs to be fixed.
Possible solution: BladeRape needs to select a time (such as 1 hour before TW) and location (such as south of Plume teleporter) and stick with it. Kudos for having a place selected for today's TW and having people filter in as they arrive.
To reduce the amount of faction spam resulting from people not knowing when TW was or where/when we were meeting, post in the Faction Slogan on the day of the TW:
The time of TW (possibly the time in different time zones)
The location of meeting
How long before the TW we are meeting

With this information in the faction slogan, anyone can see where and when to meet. Smile

cheers NEW SECTION cheers

Class Roles in TW
This will be a basic run-down of what you may find yourself doing in a typical TW. Smile Just scroll down and find your class and read on! OH, and if anyone has any information to add to this, PLEASE PLEASE let me know! >_> Especially if I get something drastically wrong. Haha.

Barbarian: Prepare to lead the way guys! You all will most often find yourself pulling catapults down the paths leading to our opposing faction's base, shortly followed by your cleric friends. As expected, you are going to be pelted with attacks because of your head-first charge into enemy territory. Be prepared to be debuffed at times by venos, and have every attack thrown at you that you could possibly imagine. For those of you not pulling the catapults, you will be the main offensive line. The high hp and physical defenses you have are just what will get you into the enemy base to attack the crystal, as well as the squad cleric and DD's backing you up.

Cleric: There are 2 different positions you will hold, depending where you are placed in TW. First, the simplest role, is the base buffer. When people inevitably get killed on the field, they'll respawn back at the home base, where they will need to be buffed up again before rushing back out into battle. Heals may also be required, and if you find you're not needed to buff, DEFEND the base! The second cleric role you may find yourself in is traveling down the paths with your squad. An offensive squad cleric will find themselves spamming Chromatic Healing Beam (the aoe healer) to keep their squad alive during the ensuing attacks. As a cleric, do expect to be one of the main targets of the enemy; because killing you off may lead to entire squad wipe by the opposing forces. Sad

Blademaster: You guys are part of the offensive force in TW. Traveling alongside the barb, you will be attacking anyone that comes your way. While I'm not too versed on BM skills, Heaven's Flame and other powerful attacks are vital, especially STUN skills. Because of your huge amount of physical damage inflicted, damage to the crystal is an important goal for you. As expected by barbs, you guys will be pelted with many attacks from your enemies. Smile

Venomancer: Summon those hard hitting pets and let's go! For those of you with nixes, this is the pet of choice for TW. Hard hitting and fast dealing, this pet is amazing for TW. With the pounce skill active, you can stun your enemies and the nix will deal faster with each successful Pounce. Plus, for those enemies attempting to fly over the battle field, send in the flying pets! Let's face it, NO ONE can run from a nix. Smile If you don't have a strong air pet, a ground pet will also be very effective. Hercs, although slow at damage dealing, have great physical and magic defense, good for attacking for a good span of time. If you don't have a herc, no worries! Just send in your strongest pet, anything to deal damage. Now for your spell casting role, be prepared to Purge enemies coming at you, barbs and heavy hitters mainly. Use of bramble HOOD will help you survive the onslaught of physical attacks, and assist in killing the melee enemies attacking you. Although your aoe attacks take a long time to channel, the stun effect of Parasitic Nova is great when you have enemies bunched together.

Archer: There are 2 roles I can think of that I've seen an archer take in TW. First, and simplest, is base defense. With barrage channeled, 5-7 archers lined up in front of our home base creates a deadly line for enemies to attempt to pass. You guys can choose to be in the air for this defense, high above the main attacks coming at the ground troops, or standing back at the base and channeling your barrage in-front of you at the oncoming enemies. The second possible role for you guys is the offensive force. With your long range, powerful attacks, you can easily kill enemies coming at your squad, and Tab to attack the next one without missing a beat. Because your damage is physical, expect to be damaging the crystal as a goal when on offensive duty. Be prepared! Make sure you come with a lot of arrows.

Wizard: While I'm not too sure what the wizard role is in TW, I will make suggestions, and HOPEFULLY get some good input to fix this section of the guide. You all are aware that you can do massive magic damage when dealing, so attacking any oncoming enemies, especially HA and LA equips, is your goal. Base defense would be a good role for you guys, considering when the enemy gets to the base, their goal is to attack the crystal. So you may not be hit as heavily if you are on base defense, but don't rule that out. Offensively, you guys are great for defending your HA squad members from opposing forces with your strong attacks. Wizzies, please let me know if you have any input on your roles, and I apologize for not knowing much on the subject.

Assassins: Hmm, so you guys are a new class and I have yet to see you in action in a TW. Let's come up with your role together! Let me know what your strength and weaknesses are in dueling/PK, as well as your strong skills and evasive maneuvers. Smile We can come up with something awesome for you guys to do! Sad I apologize for not knowing much about your class yet.

Psychic: You guys also pose the problem of being a new class, so I am not quite sure yet what you can do in TW. We can figure out your role. Smile Inform me on your strengths and weaknesses in dueling/PK, as well as your best skills and how you survive attacks. I'd like to make this guide complete, so I'm not gonna half-ass these roles. Sorry for not knowing much about you guys and your skill. Sad I still have lots to learn.

This is all I can think of to post for now, and I may edit this post again if I receive any suggestions or comments. Very Happy I'm always open to hear what you guys have to say. I love you Unknowns! Let's help this faction become awesome together!

Last edited by Pup on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added section on Class Roles)
Back to top Go down
darky

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:32 am

Good job pup, not only does that sum up all the problems , but says how to fix them Smile everyone should read this and think about what to possibly add if anything, a war coordinator is an awesome idea. mostly we need to practice and become comfortable with the squads we have (which should be semi-permanent) and learn how to work as teams vs. doing the solo running off thing; which gets everyone killed. that's all for now -Darky-
Back to top Go down
Gallanntoh/IAssassinII

Gallanntoh/IAssassinII

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:45 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://O.O
Urchin

Urchin

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:44 am

good stuffs Suspect
Back to top Go down
Zaelmith

Zaelmith

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:30 am

Wow this is all very useful information and it's very well explained. I think we should use these ideas for our next TW.

One thing i'd like to add each team should have it's own role such as the attack team or the defense team and each of them to be given specific instructions on what to do, attack them, rush them, stay in base etc (everyone can agree last night no one knew what to do lol). Also i'm not sure the squad template can apply to all types of teams. I mean an attack team should look different than a defense team right?
Oh and I very much agree with darky's idea that teams should be semi-permanent. If we're in the same team every TW it's easier to communicate and work together.
Back to top Go down
stenna1

stenna1

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:51 pm

aslong as every1 in faction reads this post we will be 1000000% better next time awsum post guys:-)) Very Happy
oh yeh and also 4 those who hav no pvp experience we shud arrange sum dueling sessions so every1 can get used to useing th rite skills needed for a effective pk kill
Back to top Go down
Pup

Pup

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: TY   Territory War Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:39 pm

@ Zael: That is a good idea, to have different types of squads (defense, offense).

@ stenna: YES!! to dueling sessions! Hehe I know I personally have a problem trying to figure out how to kick ass of different classes, so this would be a most excellent idea!

And now back to TW topic..
I'm thinking that since maybe only physical damage hurts the crystals at the base, maybe arcane casters should be main defense??? Albeit squishy (no offense wizzies and clerics Smile ) those classes would do lots of damage to the barbs, bms, and archers that make it to the base to attack the crystal. For offense purposes, venos (because of nixes and such) and HA equips should probly head the front lines. Archers... I dunno what to do with you guys. Lol sorry.

Hehe I'm not necessarily the best person to suggest squad roles, so this will definitely require advice from those war-hardened veterans in our faction. They would probably know the class roles better than I for TW purposes. I'll add a section for TW class roles in the OP, open for edit and suggestion from those who may know more than me.

The main purpose of my OP was to work on organization and preparedness, because let's face it: I'm no war strategist. Hehe and I don't want to pretend to be, because that could have bad outcomes if you take that kinda advice from me. O.o Well, I suppose I'm going to make this post into an all-emcompassing TW thread, so that those new to TW may be able to learn even a bit of info for their next TW.

Back to top Go down
Thug

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:06 pm

wat if u get ass raped and cant get out of the base Sad and nef continuously kill u over and over so ur unable to do anything for 5mintues or so due to 30sec no spells after dieing Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question lol!
Back to top Go down
Thug

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:09 pm

ohhh and if anyones got a vid of the tw we did cud u please post it on forum or if it already is let me know where u have hidden it lol!
Back to top Go down
karllee989

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: my suggestions and thoughts   Territory War Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 pm

hmmm it is an interesting topic

1stly we need more ppl to come on tw .. get a sign up sheet here and make ppl post their names and levels on it who ever wants to tw .... when the post reaches more than 30 or 40 lvl 90+ ppl that wanna tw then we go in.

out of the number of ppl shuld be at least 75+ ppl totally to successfully take the nerfs land

make the schedule date like 2 weeks in advance make sure who is coming or not coming by that we make squads prior to the tw battle. and leave some ppl without squads if some ppl dont show up we can fill em up easily.

basically in my view the main issue is preparation for tw. I had no clue what the hell was tw all about and what to do in it, i had to youtube it and google it to find out like an hour b4 what to do and how to do it.

squad setup with one cleric is good... thing is squads stick together which never happened coz of deaths. I say we have certain squads set on attacking and some set on defending. or else certain squads flying and certain squads on ground patrol.

so what i am trying to say is that we need preparation . do what ever it takes to learn about pk ....have friendly duels and pk matches when possible. have good and balanced squads. know who is even flying or a ground unit.

also one important note wth [no offence] were we in clear view that everyone could see us ? before we started.... we should have set up a meeting point high up in the sky at least on top of plume city 78^ . ** note not one but 2 nerfs came by to visit us b4 we began our tw** doesnt that mean something ? they are counting our forces so that they can see how many they need. so my thing is trick them have 15 ppl on the ground and rest 50+ in the sky somewhere else b4 tw begins
so if we have groups in advance groups can meet up above a tele like 78^ or even 65^ above so nerfs have no clue of how many are going in
this is my experience on tw...

well i charged 1st and when i reached the half way point of the battle field on a an aerogear +1.5 on cloud sprint . there was already half a dozen nerfs there and charging quick. and only one of me so i had to stun them and fly up .... died 2 secs later btw . but the issue was that there was no one with me or else we could have killed off some of them. they were on mounts and flying quick when most of the faction was still at base.

strategys imo
assign the defenders and some attackers in charge of setting up those wooden thingies. while the attackers were on their way. I use to play dota in the past and the map structure is similar and also other strategy games . if u dont want to take the middle path on attackers . then i suggest using a hvy defence squad on the back and 2 heavy attack groups on mounts or fly quick going left and right on a sneek attack on nerfs base and heavily damaging their base. while the rest of the hvy defence ppl attack it.

baiscally archers barrage as much as possible on ground units in the air ... wizzies on tai chi like on rebirth with clerics and a bm or barb.... and important . everyone be charmed a gold charm minimum

bm yes we stun a lot ...but look at the number of bms above 80 its hardly half a dozen of them there including me

barbs.... ur a hvy hitter with stun lock also stun them heavily .... i even seen barbs flying and stunning/pking everyone in the air

clerics main duty to heal cut off bb just heal on who ever is a tank or can last the longest .... else if not on heal jsut pk everyone ... clerics have a high dmg potential and ranged attackers which is good
and also have clerics buff ppl when they die and get out it helps immensely

archers few of them barrage on groung as well as air and some just keep criting the other clerics and flying units

wizzies... i do know u guys have a high dmg rate also so i guess 2 clerics heal u and u on charm also so if u have a high defence u just go and do tat tai chi thingie or hit ranged attackers hard

venos...use nix ....else use ur aoe skills and spam them on

assasins have a high dmg capability as well as ranged skills although they die quickly use a charm and dmg as much as possible b4 goind down...stun also if u have to

physics u can last long when u need to stun them if u have stun skills use them and dmg the enemy

basically we all need to work on our gear and pk skills... class skills as well as survival skills. it would be another month or two b4 we are strong enuf to attempt tw again.... imo stun stun stun them all and bleed them almost all the classes have stun skills ... bms , barbs, clerics, assasins, psy[not sure].... use a tonne of genie skills get bramble hvy dmg or holy path or mire or even a stun skill or tree of protection or 2nd wind. i even seen a barb on i think nerf or regicide with no earth flame on a zeal 97/100 LP ... now that i think of it i guess he took out earth flame coz that genie is built for pking and tw ... i am not recommending u do it coz he had a tonne of genies to achive that all i am saying is use ur genie skills also they will help u a lot

just cover ur weaknesses make it ur strength or else have someone help u cover it. weather it is low defence or low vit or low equip back each other up

well i can go even more indepth in it but dont have the time to do so . i have 2 final papers to do today and 2moro as well as assignments ... just a brief in my head opinion since i use to do battles in other games as well.

made by the man who made 8~10 mill the last week and has 5 mill left coz of stuff [whoring tt run and dmg repairs]
- leeyung aka see my user name lol
Back to top Go down
Filiane

Filiane

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:39 am

I am a wizard and from few TW i done when was in amplified, i saw myself working better on defense. When i was put on atatck i count not do much since i have to be able to survive 3 or more ppl aoe or atatcking you at same time, so squishy as i am i died easly. Crying or Very sad However when on defense they need to coem, so we have time to prepare to take out first barbs and bms who come faster and kill them before rest come to help them Twisted Evil , with all bms, barb and cleric buffs we are able if many wizzies on def to take them out fast withotu gettign killed too fast, so i prefered to be on defense since atleast i had fun to kill some lol!
Back to top Go down
karllee989

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:40 pm

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/TW_Guides

read up on that link and i was wrong on the number of players ... 80 max .... ha ha
Back to top Go down
stenna1

stenna1

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:47 pm

an assasins rolein tw is 2 hide behind barbs to begin with and when barbs an bm are fightting telepot 2 those enemys and finish themoff so that you do not take physical hits the bm or barb dus his way you can tele around killing with ease also i noticed when we were fighting that neff putt all there archers outside ther walls and were fireing a barrage of ataks from distace wecould use this tactic also
Back to top Go down
Zaelmith

Zaelmith

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:53 am

Well normally sins should be in hiding and strike when needed, as Stenna said. But that really isn't possible, least not against Nef. They have high lvl players and anti-sin pots, basically they'll be able to see any of our sins which makes the surprise attack idea not valid.

Quote :
http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/TW_Guides

I think a lot of things from this link could be added to the guide. For example information about classes, TW strategies or information about the towers (dedicated to Val xD). BTW in the link it says that the crystal has 100k pdef and mdef, that means that it can be damaged by both physical and magical attacks, right? Cause somewhere in the guide it says that only physical attacks work on the crystal.

Quote :
EDIT: We may consider moving this post to Territory Wars section, just FYI.

Yeah I think this post being in the TW section would make more sense lol. Also I wanna make a suggestion. Now that we're gonna have strategies and other important things posted on the forum isn't it time to restrict the access to faction members only? I mean anyone that makes an account on the forums can see it entirely without necessarily being in the faction. It shouldn't be that hard, an admin just has to make a group that has access to the entire forum and put in that group only current members of the faction. And who's not in that group can only see the public section (like "Talk talk talk" or maybe a recruitment section if we're gonna make one or whatever).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Territory War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territory War   Territory War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Territory War
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unknown :: Events-
Jump to: